History

We have been producing machine tools in Reutlingen site since 1888. Today, some 220 employees continue the long tradition of making high-precision machining centres.

1888 Founding of BW. Manufacture of simple drilling machines

1892
Special versions of circular saws

1928 Manufacture of multi-path special machines

1945
70 % of the building destroyed and machine manufacture prohibited

1951
Construction of Europe's first transfer line

1959
Introduction of the world's first numerically-controlled machining centre

1975
Commissioning and delivery of the very first flexible manufacturing system

1984
New series of MC machining centres with rack-type tool magazine

1986
First flexible assembly line with NC-controlled handling units

1993
Introduction of digital control technology

2002
Market launch of MCX machining centres with linear guideways

2005
Presentation of the tool magazine with 570 tools

2007
New series of MCR machining centres with sliding guides

2008
Presentation of the high-speed HVC/P head

2010
Introduction of the combined milling/turning centre

2012
Integration into Indústrias Romi SA, Brazil

2013 Anniversary - 125 years BURKHARDT+WEBER

 

2014 Market launch of the ultra precise MCμ series